In a recent survey conducted by users of the Rotten WiFi app revealed the best airports in terms of their WiFi service. Dublin Airport (DUB)/Ireland in Europe, Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)/Thailand in Asia and Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (CHA)/USA in America emerged as the best in business.
The study found that Dublin Airport had the fastest Wi-Fi download speeds of any European airport and the third fastest in the world behind Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand and Chattanooga Airport in the United States.
The survey, which was conducted by users of the Rotten WiFi app and website, tested and evaluated the quality of WiFi services in more than 130 airports in 53 countries.
The Top 10 airports in terms of the fastest download speeds feature five airports in Europe, two in the US and three in Asia.
Dublin Airport has offered its customers unlimited free Wi-Fi since September 2012, and was one of the first major European airports with free WiFi.
The top 10 fastest WiFi Airports of the world (by download speeds, Mbps)
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)/Thailand – 41.45
2. Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (CHA)/TN,USA – 30.98
3. Dublin Airport (DUB)/Ireland – 19.45
4. Vilnius International Airport (VNO)/Lithuania – 18.04
5. Helsinki Airport (HEL)/Finland – 17.46
6. JL Airport Ngurah Rai/ Indonesia – 16.01
7. Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH/RCKH)/Taiwan – 15.55
8. Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN)/Sweden – 15.48
9. Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport – 15.28
10. Frankfurt Airport (FRA)/Germany – 14.47
Leave a Reply